Start your Python journey here – Learn the basic principles to fully master the language – Solve and automate your work
What you’ll learn
Learn the basic programming skills in Python
Learn about variables (integers, floats and strings) in Python
Master PyCharm – the most popular professional programming environment for Python (IDE)
Learn and master lists in Python – the basic building block in effective data processing
Learn and master to read, write, and processing text files in Python
Learn how to structure code into functions to reuse and share it between modules
How to create loops in programs
Learn professional integrated development environment
A lot of practice programming in Python
How to master the Python dictionaries to make simple adaptable code for statistics
How to master CSV files and making plots on maps (e.g., shooting incident in NYPD)‘
An appetite to learn programming
Python is the chosen language to learn programming for obvious reasons:
- Python is easy to master
- It is easy to solve complex problems in an elegant manner
- …and it is a used by many professionals in most professions
- Almost any job needs some kind of programming skills.
- You can automate the things that you repeat again and again to get more free time.
- Done right, it is easy to start programming.
- You want to program to solve problems or automate work for you.
- You need to understand the basic building blocks to achieve that.
- You want to minimise that set of building blocks to get started with your goal.
- Each concepts and building block is taught one at the time.
- Then we write the code together.
- Then you will get an exercise to do the same to ensure your understand it.
- Simple types in Python: integers, floats and strings.
- Lists in Pyton.
- Program flow with conditions. How the programs decided what to do based on conditions.
- Loops. How to repeat tasks. Iterating over lists. For-loops. While-loops.
- How to structure and reuse code by defining functions.
- Reading content from files.
- Interpreting content from files.
- Writing to files.
- Processing files.
- How to develop in a professional integrated development environment (PyCharm)
- How to use PyCharm.
- How to share your code between files.
- How to master the Python dictionaries to make simple adaptable code for statistics.
- How to easy create interesting statistics from CSV files.
- How to master CSV files and making plots on maps showing where the shooting incident are in NY.
- Also where to get more data to play with for your own project – basically get you started plotting and analyzing awesome data available online.
- Each concept is explained.
- Then it is shown how to implement it.
- Finally, you are asked to implement it in the Udemy framework, that gives you instant feedback of the correctness.
- Life time access to the content.
- More that 6 hours of video tutorials in over 80 lectures.
- Over 50 programming exercises.
- You are new to programming, or
- You have programmed in another language, but want to learn Python, or
- You have taken other Python courses, but still do not feel comfortable about programming on your own.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python developers
- Someone new to Python and programming
- Someone that has programmed in another language and wants to learn Python