Learn Installation of OpenVAS/GVM Basic – Security Testing and Penetration Hacking
What you will learn
☑ Installation and management of OpenVAS/GVM
☑ Complete host scan, server scan and database scan with OpenVAS/GVM.
☑ Behind the scene of Vulnerability scanning with OpenVAS.
OpenVAS/GVM is a fully-featured vulnerability scanner, but it’s also one component of the larger “Greenbone Security Manager” (GSM). OpenVAS dates back to 2009 and the project is maintained by a commercial/open-source company. With its focus on the enterprise market and its long history, any risks of enterprises adopting a technology that might become abandoned are greatly reduced. Here are some notable positives of OpenVAS/GVM:
- Has a long history (since 2009) with daily updates and over 50,000 vulnerability tests
- Is backed by an enterprise software-security company
- Can perform various types of authenticated/unauthenticated tests
- Supports a variety of high- and low-level Internet and industrial protocols
- Has an internal programming language that can be used for implementing custom vulnerability tests