Learn how it all fits together!
What you’ll learn
This course will show you how the latest technologies in web development fit together and how to apply them in web applications.
We will start by setting up our development environment with Python, PyCharm, Docker and Anaconda, then we will containerize and deploy our application.
We will test its performance and limitations and we will improve our microservice architecture with Redis for caching, Gunicorn as our deployment server, and Nginx as our load balancer.
Our goal, by the end of this course is to help you understand how these technologies work together so you can confidently go on designing and building awesome web applications.
Basic understanding of web applications and the willingness to learn and experiment.
Have you found yourself, after having learned about Docker / Django / Redis / Nginx / etc., not fully understanding how to put them into practice and how to best make use of your knowledge and hardware resources to deliver a high-performance web application? Many of our students have experienced the same thing, so we decided to cover this topic with a hands-on course on the subject. We structured this course based on real-world applications that we have deployed and are successfully running in production. This course will take you through:
- Setting up your development environment;
- Configuring and deploying a Django web application with Docker;
- Designing the micro-service architecture;
- Assessing a web app’s performance;
- Improving performance by using modern technologies like: Nginx, Gunicorn, Redis.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner web developers and DevOps engineers looking to put their knowledge into practice.