Learn Business Continuity Management from Organizational Resilience, Risk Management & Business Management perspectives!
What you’ll learn
Understand what Business Continuity Management is and what it’s not
Understand why effective Business Continuity Management is Key to Success of Any Business
Learn and differentiate between related organizational resilience concepts – including Emergency Response, Crisis Management, Incident Management and IT Disaster Recovery
Implement ISO 22301:2019 Business Continuity Managements System (BCMS)
Understand governance of business continuity management
Perform Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Business Continuity Risk Management as per ISO 31000
Develop Business Continuity Strategies and Plans
Understand what IT Disaster Recovery planning is and how it links with Business Continuity
Understand the importance of Human Factor and Training & Awareness
Perform Business Continuity Exercises
Be able to Monitor, Maintain and Perform Assurance of the Business Continuity Management System
No experience required, just a willingness to learn about business continuity
Familiarity with business continuity concepts is helpful
Welcome to one of the best business continuity management course you’ll find anywhere. This course will enable you to develop not only a highly in demand skill of today but also to help organizations survive and become more resilient. We will start this course by understanding the fundamental organizational resilience and Business Continuity Management (BCM) concepts. What BCM is and what’s it’s not. I’ll clarify the misconceptions and confusions about Business Continuity and explain what benefits it brings to an organization from different perspective such as benefits from business, financial, internal processes and stakeholder perspectives. We’ll also look at the global Business Continuity Management standard i.e. ISO 22301: 2019 and its requirements. Once we have understood the key concepts and elements of the BCMS, we will dive deep in each of these main areas of the business continuity: – Introduction and Key Business Resilience Concepts
- Understand some common myths and misconceptions about Business Continuity
- Learn key aspects of broader business resilience i.e. Emergency Response, Crisis Management, Incident Management, Business Continuity Planning and IT Disaster Recovery
- Understand how these plans and processes link to each other in a very easy to understand disruption timeline
- Understand what ISO 22301 standard is
- Learn what is ISO’s PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) lifecycle.
- Learn about the requirements of 10 ISO 22301 clauses
- Understand the key benefits of implementing and maintaining a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) from different perspectives, such as benefits from business perspective, financial perspective, internal processes perspective and stakeholders perspective.
- Understand the importance of having clear accountability, ownership and responsibilities.
- Learn why a Business Continuity Policy is required and what should it include
- Be able to understand the key aspects of a Business Continuity Management Framework
- Understand why an effective risk management is important for the BCMS
- Understand the difference between enterprise risk management (such as ISO 31000) and business continuity management
- Learn what some of the common risk treatment options are that can be applied to the business continuity risks.
- Study what Business Impact Analysis (BIA) is. Why do we do this analysis, and how BIA helps you understand your organization better.
- Learn what recovery objectives are, the key terms of Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
- Learn the 6 steps of performing the Business Impact Analysis.
- Understand what Business Continuity Planning is, why it’s important
- Learn the requirements and strategies of business continuity planning
- Learn how to develop a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) considering various aspects such as people, communication, facilities, systems and applications, telecommunications, internal and external dependencies, special requirements and related content to be included in the BCPs.
- Learn what IT Disaster Recovery Plan (IT DRP) is and what are the components for developing an IT DR Plan.
- Understand that BCP is not a standalone document rather how it needs to connect seamlessly with the related plans such as Emergency Response, Crisis Management, Incident Management and IT Disaster Recovery
- Learn why training and awareness is one of the most crucial aspect for the BCP to be useable and effective.
- Understand the key education and awareness elements within the BCMS.
- Learn how business continuity can be embedded in the organizational culture.
- Study the importance of performing Business Continuity Tests and Exercises
- Be able to ensure that the plans are able to meet the required objectives (RTO and RPO)
- Learn several business continuity tests and exercise methods and which one will be suitable in different scenarios.
- Learn why performing debriefing sessions are important and how they should be conducted.
- Learn how BCPs and the BCMS should be maintained and kept up to date
- Understand what are the main aspects of performing the periodic monitoring and assurance of the BCMS.
Who this course is for:
- People interested in learning about business continuity and organizational resilience
- Business continuity managers and professionals
- Business leaders and managers
- Information Technology professionals and managers
- Risk Management professionals
- Business owners
- Aspiring managers