Basic computer and internet knowledge
Hi, I’m Maya and I will help you understand how WordPress works.
Do you keep hearing people say “go with WordPress” when you ask them about opening a blog?
Have you ever tried building a website with WordPress but the process confused you?
Do you feel intimidated by building your own website while you don’t have any experience in that field?
Well, you came to the right place!
This course will teach you all the basic things you need to know in order to operate WordPress the right way and get confident in building a whole website with it.
The Sections are divided to 8 small lessons:
- In the first lesson we will learn some theory: what is WordPress, what is the difference between wordpress dot com and wordpress dot org and what are the basic terms you should know when starting to work with this platform
- In lesson number 2 we will learn how to install WP on our own website. This is a technical lesson, but you don’t need any prior experience or website building knowledge to complete it successfully
- Welcome to WordPress! In the 3rd lesson we will get to know the dashboard and learn how to install themes and plugins
- It’s time to write some content! In lesson number 4 we will learn how to work with pages and posts in WordPress and how to operate the blog section
- In lesson number 5 we will learn how to add a menu to our website so our visitors will be able to easily navigate through our content
- In this short lesson we will learn about widgets and how to show them in different places on our website
- In this lesson we will learn how to add team members and how to give each of them specific permissions. We will also learn how to edit user profiles
- In the last lesson of the course we will go over some important setting options in the dashboard and i will give you information about the next steps you should take towards building a beautiful, functional website or blog
Please note that this course’s goal is to teach total beginners some basic concepts in working with WordPress. You will not learn how to build a full website, but you will understand how to take the knowledge further and start working on your project – whether it’s a business website, a blog or a personal website.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners who want to build a website
- People who want to open a blog
- Anyone who wants to start an independent website