Thank you for visiting the Tape Tools “Adhesive Tapes for Designers and Engineers” Course!
For engineering beginners and those in need of a refresher, please join in in exploring the world of adhesive tapes. From the basics of adhesive formulation to the complex world of specialty products, we’ll cover the basics of several key design areas pertaining to tape.
We distill these every day and ubiquitous products down to simple and actionable knowledge areas that help designers, engineers, and everyday consumers understand just what an adhesive tape is, and how it ends up in your garage, department store, office cubicle, or airplane.
- What adhesive tapes are
- Fundamentals of what an “adhesive tape” technically is.
- When to consider adhesive tapes in your design process
- Considerations include cost, ease of assembly, and performance requirements
- The types of adhesive chemical formulations
- Silicone, Acrylic, Rubber (the most common adhesives in industry)
- The types of physical constructions of adhesives tapes
- Single coated, double coated, and transfer tapes
- Some of the more common “specialty adhesive tapes” used in industry
- Including foam tapes, electrically conductive tapes, thermally conductive tapes, and heat activated tapes
- A brief overview of adhesive tapes in the world of medical skin contact.
- How medical tapes differ from most other tapes
- How to select a medical tape based on demographic, wear-time, device weight, etc
Who this course is for:
- Engineering students
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers