Empowering Individuals as they Transition to Adulthood. Creating Learning Opportunities.
What you’ll learn
- Identify 5-10 Personal Strengths/Assets
- List out Personal Goals for their future
- Independently access job listings that are applicable to them
- Create a resume to utilize for professional development opportunities
- Create a cover letter to utilize with job applications
1 total hour
- There is no prior experience needed for taking this course.
Hello! I’m glad you’re here! My name is Kelsey Karr, and I am the creator of this course, ” Job Seeking & Acquisition – Preparing for Adulthood.” I created this course after reviewing literature and writing a literature review, which led me to determine that children aging out of the foster system are ill-prepared, worried, and unequipped for their transition to adulthood. Many children in the foster care community are not receiving resources and programs that are outlined by legislation. While this is a systematic issue overall, I am here to do my part and begin to bridge the gap for the foster care community.
The course covers several different areas that evidence has proven useful for successfully transitioning to adulthood, specifically with the area of job seeking and acquisition. Within the course, the student will have access to instructional videos, activities and assignments, as well as additional resources to utilize. It is my hope that whether you are in the foster care system or not, the information within the modules will help you feel more confident for this transition, and will ensure you have the tools necessary to be successful.
Through this course and through my overall mission with my doctoral capstone project, I truly hope to make a difference. I, Kelsey Karr, am here to empower, educate, and create opportunities.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone that is preparing for adulthood, and needs training or education in the areas within the domain of job seeking and acquisition. Not preparing for adulthood but still need some help? That’s fine – you are still welcome to take my course!
If coupon does not work, it means you are late. Remember all coupons for a short time and limit number, so it is better to join the Telegram channel to get a notification on your mobile phone about new coupons