Write wonderful stories for children and unlock your inner author with this course!
What you’ll learn
- Tools on how to get started with a writing process
- How to create a filmic first scene
- How to structure a story
- How to move a story forward
- How to create identification with a main character
- How to use dialogue
- How to use ‘show, don’t tell’
- Imagination and how to create a story universe
- How to use contrast in a story
- How to see the world through the eyes of a child
- Practise writing techniques with writing exercises
- Some advice on publishing
- Some advice on working with an artist
1.5 total hours
- No writing experience is needed
This online course helps aspiring authors learn the fundamentals of writing books for children. The carefully-crafted lessons provide an in-depth look at the various aspects needed to write a story for young readers. This course is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about writing for children and to be inspired to begin or continue their own writing journey. The course covers 12 different topics, all related to writing for children, including writing techniques, examples, 7 writing exercises and practical information on how to publish your book and working with an artist. In addition, I will be sharing some of my own experiences as a self-published author. Let’s get started writing engaging stories.
Anne-Lene Bleken (b. 1966) is a former high school teacher and an author of children’s books, novels, and short stories. She teaches courses in Writing for Children and is the owner of two publishing companies, where she publishes stories in English, Danish and Norwegian. She comes from Lillehammer in Norway, with strong roots in the Western part of the country where her mother’s family comes from. Bleken has lived in Aarhus in Denmark since 1989, where she has an MA in English and Media. She worked as a high school teacher before she published her first novel, Olava, in 2012, and the sequel, Anna Veronica, in 2020. Bleken is also the author of Tulle, Trulle, Mulle and the Humans, The Mollimi People from Deep Space, The Donkey, Two Short Stories, Wild and Wondrous Stories from the Waterfront, Stories for Sillyheads and other people and the series about Miss Susie with the Magical Sunglasses.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone with none or some writing experience
If coupon does not work, it means you are late. Remember all coupons for a short time and limit number, so it is better to join the Telegram channel to get a notification on your mobile phone about new coupons