Learn the requirements and standards associated with WHMIS and safety best practices for the workplace.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the essential role WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of Canadian workers.
- Identify the WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers.
- Recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the types of hazard each represents.
- Identify the WHMIS exemptions for suppliers and importers.
- Know general safe work practices that should be followed when working with hazardous products.
1 total hour
- No prerequisites for this course. – A computer with internet.
This training course on WHMIS 2015 is designed to cover both the new Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling for chemicals (GHS) introduced in 2015 and the content from the previous version, WHMIS 1988. It is composed of three chapters and a final exam, and is fully narrated.
Participants can pause or resume the training at any time to suit their convenience.
In accordance with Canadian law, it is mandatory for individuals exposed to hazardous materials in the workplace to receive training in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). This comprehensive WHMIS 2015 course not only covers the new Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling for chemicals (GHS) that was introduced in 2015, but also includes content from the previous WHMIS system (WHMIS 1988). The course comprises of three main chapters and a final exam, and upon passing the exam, participants can obtain their certificates of completion.
The training is fully narrated and can be paused or resumed at any time. Alternative training methods such as book-based distance learning and classroom training are also available.
This online training program is intended to be completed entirely online. However, depending on the duties or workplace hazards, supplementary training for specific hazardous materials, Safety Data Sheets, workplace labeling practices, or other additional considerations may be necessary.
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for anyone working in the industrial field or have been and need a WHMIS safety refresher.
If coupon does not work, it means you are late. Remember all coupons for a short time and limit number, so it is better to join the Telegram channel to get a notification on your mobile phone about new coupons